Friday, January 21, 2011

Gathering Facts

Well, the appt. with my neurosurgeon was this morning.  After waiting over an hour for our appt, I realized why I like this dr.  Dr. Schnittker is AMAZING!  He is really intelligent, very experienced & makes me feel so taken care of. 

He has ordered a MRI of my lower lumbar since my last one was Dec 2009.  He also ordered some X-rays of my middle back & lower lumbar.  He wants to gather all of the facts & take it step-by-step.  He sd that my symptoms are not completely adding up to the herniation.  Obviously we will make a plan after all of the tests come back on what is next for my recovery process.

It seems that my orthopedic should of taken some of these steps, but we don't really know why my orthopedic didn't suggest some of these tests---maybe he thought this dr. would know more about what steps should be taken next.  Anyways---Dr. Schnittker sd that some of the next steps could be chiropractics (which was so good to hear), physical therapy & possibly injections.  He really won't know until he sees how large the herniation is at this point.

I held off on asking some of my questions until the results come back---one of them being having another pregnancy.  Pray that we will have wisdom in what steps should be taken & who to see for PT or Chiro if we go that route.  Also, please pray that we will trust Him for our finances.  We are still feeling behind from our year of 2009---between my health, Leona's birth, her time in the NICU, my tests & my surgery. 

Ben reminded me that God is in control & will provide for our needs.
So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:31-34



He is so right.  I am not merely a flower or a bird that the Lord take care of, but his daughter.  May I praise you & trust you for everything I need---including more faith as we continue to walk this hard road of health.

No comments:

Post a Comment