Monday, October 10, 2011

15 Weeks

Well...I am currently 15 weeks and the tummy is definitely growing bigger ! I FEEL HUGE for only being 15 weeks!

You be the judge!  Here are some recent belly shots:



My next check-up is on Friday.  We get to schedule the ultrasound then and I am so excited.  I really think this little monkey is a BOY, but guess we'll see! No doubt I'll be wearing a blue shirt to the this ultrasound!! I am guessing it will be scheduled around the week of Nov 13.

Baby Movement
This past week I felt the baby kick for sure.  The week or so previous I had thought maybe I was feeling him/her kick, but couldn't be positive.  On Saturday while I was driving I determined for sure that that was what I had been feeling. I have felt it a few more times since then :)  It's so exciting.  It is definitely the best part of the whole pregnancy thing!!!

How is your back doing?
Many of you know that about 3 weeks ago I had an episode with my back.  I spent the whole week down and out.  I could barely walk for the first few days...but soon began to feel the healing taking place.  This is not normal for my back.  Normally if I am that bad, it lasts for a long time...several months sometimes.  This was a huge blessing.  It definitely made me aware that I need to be careful and exercise as much as I can.  Luckily I have a husband that will just step right in and help out where needed and tells me what I need to hear when I need to take better care of myself.

It also gave me an opportunity to talk to my orthopedic dr. about possible things we can do if I get really bad again.

Another prayer request!
At about 9-10 weeks I had a sugar issue for about 2 days.  I had weird vision and a headache so I checked my sugar. My sugar had spiked to high 100's.   It seemed I had been overeating sweets and it just built up.  It leveled out and has been fine since.  Today I had some of the same feelings.  I check it and it was at 228.  YIKES!!  I had slowly had more and more sugar since that other episode.  LESSON LEARNED!!  I am going to have to cut-it-out and just watch it if I am going to stop it from becoming gestational diabetes.  I think I may be checked in 2 check-ups, so around 24-25 weeks.  Please pray I keep my self-control in-check and prevent anything further. 

I'll keep posting to keep you updated on what's happening as it comes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment