Friday, March 9, 2012

When is Baby Buckeye Coming?

When is Baby Buckeye coming?

This is the question ringing in our ears!  As many of you know I have been having Braxton Hicks contractions (BHc) since 22 weeks. He is such a mover too. This pregnancy has definitely been entertaining in that way!

Many of you know that a few weeks ago I went in to the dr. and they ordered an ultrasound to check him because his fetal movement had drastically changed. No caffeine or sugar was going to get him moving either :) He was already measuring 6 lbs. 15 oz. which is about 2 weeks bigger than his age.

This past week was my 36 week check-up. The night before my appt...about 1AM Wednesday morning... I began having a lot of contractions. Some of them were very strong lasting about 3 min., while others were only 30 sec. and barely noticeable. I had about 12 in an hour and a half. They never got in a rhythm and I just tried to go to sleep.  I awoke to several strong ones, but again they never got in a rhythm. By the time I went to the dr. at 11AM, I had had about 30 contractions. My dr. checked me and I was measuring 2cm dilated and 75% effaced (at 36wk5d). She told me that I was not in real labor, but that I would probably not see 40 weeks. The BHc continued into the evening and the next day.

Last night I experienced a 2 hour cluster of BHc, with 2 very STRONG ones that lasted about 40 min. together. With how strong they were, my suspicion is that this has caused some more dilation. I'm officially 37 weeks today and wondering if we will see Baby Buckeye soon!?!?!?!? 

We'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment